Are you interested in making your own online portfolio! Check out these amazing photography websites for portfolio inspiration!
As a photographer, your website and your online portfolio are your business card in the online world. Establishing an online presence is really important, especially if you want to show off your talent, your work, and reach potential customers from all over the world. That is why every photographer should consider the option of building a website.
When designing your online portfolio, there are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Simplicity – The main purpose of your portfolio is presenting your work and your creations and making it simple for potential customers to reach you. The web design you are going to choose should support this purpose as well. Remember, a web design based on simplicity will allow your photography business to stand out. Besides, it will make easy for visitors and potential customers to navigate your website.
- Choose a design matching your photography style – When choosing a design for your website and online portfolio it is important to choose a design that will match your photography style. For example, as a wedding photographer, you will probably want your online portfolio to have the same vibe as your photography style. If you specialize in different types of photography, your style will have a better fit with specific web designs.
- Be selective – Remember, if you want to stand out from the crowd, you should be selective in choosing your work. When making your website, your online portfolio should say the “best of. So, we advise you to be critical when choosing the photos that you will add on your website.
- Keep SEO in mind – As you probably know SEO is very important, if you want to rank high on Google. The Search Engine Optimization or SEO determines how high you are going to rank in search results. The ranking affects the number of visitors you are going to have on your site and the number of visitors affects your profit. If you want to improve your SEO, you should give your photos a name by using the alt tags, you should add a blog, and you should write posts about your photography.
- Be super easy to contact – If you want your visitors to find your contact information quickly, you should have a section specially dedicated to your contact information. Make it obvious where this information can be found and you will make the process of contacting you pretty simple.
- Include social media – Having a website is great, but it is not enough! The social media platforms are a great way to additionally promote your work. Also, it makes it pretty easier for potential customers to get in touch with you. We highly recommend adding from your portfolio site to the social media platforms and back. By using social media platforms, you will be able to show a different side of you as a professional photographer.
- Follow the trends in web design and technology – If you want to become a successful online photographer you should follow the trends and changes in web design and technology. Keeping up with the trends is really important.
Now that you are familiar with the most important factors of building a website and online portfolio, we can present you the best photography websites that will inspire you:
- Jeremy Cowart
- Koen Demuynck
- Frederik Clement
- Brent Stirton
- Grant Ordelheide
- Tom Hull
- Mareen Fishinger
- Jill Greenberg
- Paolo Boccardi
- Eric Ryan Anderson
All of these websites have a collection of incredible portfolio web designs! Check them and find your inspiration!